HAYA Cod Liver Oil: provides essential omega-3 fatty acids for optimal cardiovascular health.
- Rich natural source of vitamin A and vitamin D
- Helps fight and prevent heart disease and depression
- Supports memory and functioning of the nervous system
- Provides greater resistance to problems such as flu and colds
- Treats arthritis, reducing pain and destruction in inflamed joints
What is cod liver oil?
- Cod liver oil is extracted from the body of cod fish. Sailors started to consume it centuries ago in Scandinavia and Greenland to reinforce their bodies in the cold and harsh working conditions. In the 19th century, some time before the addition of vitamin D to the milk, cod liver oil was used for treatment and prevention of rickets. Nowadays, fish oil supplements are recommended for a variety of conditions including hypertriglyceridemia, prophylaxis of migraine, psychological problems, secondary level of prevention of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and inflammations such as asthma, gingivitis, inflammatory bowel disease and rheumatoid arthritis .
HAYA LABS Cod Liver Oil is rich in vitamin A, vitamin D and omega – 3 fatty acids. The content of omega-3 includes two essential fatty acids (EFA), eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). EFA are not synthesized by the human body and therefore must be consumed in the diet for prevention of deficiency. EPA and DHA in the cod liver oil modulate the functioning of the immune system.
Research has shown that people suffering from depression taking a daily dose of 1 gram of omega 3 fatty acids, such as cod liver for 12 weeks experienced a reduction in symptoms as anxiety, sadness and sleep problems.
Previous studies have suggested that the balance of omega-3 fatty acids in the brain can be disturbed in people with depression. Other studies demonstrate that the oil from cod liver and fish oil supplements can alleviate the symptoms of depression and schizophrenia .
- Arthritis: cod liver is effective in treating arthritis. Scientists sponsored by Great Britain Arthritis Research Campaign, found that omega-3 fatty acids in cod liver oil reduce pain and destruction of inflamed joints.
- Blood pressure: Fish oil showed the reduction of the production of free radicals, which could increase the bioavailability of nitric oxide and thereby increase vasodilatation. Several clinical studies suggest that fish oil supplements can cause a reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure in untreated hypertensive patients.
- Cardiovascular health: several studies show a positive effect of cod liver oil and fish oils on many risk factors associated with cardiovascular health. These oils have shown the potential to reduce the progression of cardiovascular disease and mortality. Studies show that Inuit from Greenland compared with the population of Denmark had significantly lower levels of fatal acute myocardial infarction. Their traditional diet is high in fish fat that provides several grams of omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) daily.
Recommended daily intake:
Take 1 capsule after meal.